February 18, 2014
· After my first official 10 days, I can proudly say that I’ve lost 8.8 pounds so far! My work pants are feeling a little looser.
· We rank ourselves each day for the previous week with a star, a smiley face, or a sad face. A star means I stayed within my calorie range to lose weight. A smiley face means I stayed within my calorie range to maintain weight. A sad face means I consumed enough calories to gain weight. I had ALL stars this past week!
· The quote I added to the bottom for this week’s “Ponder this…” sure has a lot of meaning. That being said, I have been completely honest in my food journal (and to myself) in what I’ve eaten and stayed within my allotted calories for weight loss. It seems to be working!
· I’m still getting use to the amount of time it takes for me to preplan what I eat. I sit down each night and start to plan my next day.
· If I feel hungry, I have to stop myself from going to the cupboard and grabbing some Cheez-its. I have to remind myself that they really aren’t worth the 180 calories! It makes me wonder how many calories I was actually consuming each day before I started keeping track. I probably don’t even want to know!
· I work out with a group of teachers after school on Wednesdays and Fridays. I want to share this with those of you who work out on your own for something different that you may not have done before.
· Here’s one of the workouts we did this week:
o 50-40-30-20-10 (one round of 50 each then run, next round of 40 each then run, etc.)
§ Goblet squats
§ Sumo dead lift high pull
§ Run a lap between each round