Friday, April 17, 2015

Meet a Member - Melissa T - Week #52

Now What?
March 10, 2015
Thoughts for the Week…
Same story, different week…I had a great week (4 star days, 3 smiley days, 6 workouts) and only down 4 tenths of a pound. My lowest day of protein grams was 83, which isn’t too terribly far below my daily goal of 95 grams. Cottage cheese has become my best friend at breakfast. I usually don’t buy it because it’s expensive and it doesn’t last very long in my house. Some grocery store had it on sale this last week and I stocked up! One half cup serving of the 1% only has 80 calories, but with a whopping 13 grams of protein! I have found that if I don’t get a good bit of protein in at breakfast, I don’t make the best food choices later in the afternoon/evening. There’s probably some science behind that, I’m sure!
I feel like since I’ve hit my weight goal, although I’m teetering above it and below it regularly, that goal has been accomplished and I need to move on. But to what? Marty asked me what my new goal was and I told him to maintain, but from his facial expression I could tell a maintaining goal wasn’t going to cut it. My previous fitness goal was to be able to do the taller box jump. I’ve mastered the 18” box jump, so I feel pretty good about that. So…now what?
         
Get Moving!
·      Superset 1
o   2 minute run (for maximum distance)
o   3 sets of the following exercises:
§  20 Push-ups
§  50 Bodyweight Squats
§  50 Weighted Crunches
§  20 Alternating Lunges (each leg = 1)

·      Rest 1 minute

·      Superset 2
o   Repeat the 2 minute run (for maximum distance)
o   2 sets of the following exercises:
§  1 minute Plank
§  20 Jump Squats
§  50 Bicycle Crunches (opposite knee to elbow = 1)
§  1 minute of Walking Lunges

·      Rest 1 minute

·      Repeat 2-minute run - make it your best one yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment