Friday, December 19, 2014

Meet a Member - Melissa T, week #40

Hero?
December 2, 2014

Thoughts for the Week…
I’ve had a difficult time the last couple of weeks getting myself to write my blog. I’m bored with the format of Week ___, and have decided to go with titles to match my thoughts. Isn’t there a saying about when you feel your life is out of control, change the furniture around because that is something you can control? Maybe I just made that up. At any rate…I’m not changing furniture around, just the blog!
The day before Thanksgiving has always been a non-student day at school and teachers participate in wellness activities as part of our School Improvement Plan. I was asked this year to do a 45-minute session on healthy eating and my journey of losing weight. Three days before I have to give this presentation I start having a panic attack. Talking to other people about healthy eating is SO far out of my comfort zone! I just simply shared my food journal, how I track my food in my food journal and what I believe has truly helped me throughout the past 9 months. There were several times I thought I was going to cry. It was very emotional for me and I can’t quite figure out why.
         On the Monday after Thanksgiving, a colleague walked in my classroom and put a small gift bag on my desk. She simply said, “I’ll explain later.” This is the email I received from her…

I am so proud of you and your accomplishments.  I know that you are the inspiration I need to meet my goals and I truly appreciate the opportunity to listen and learn from you.  I've been on this dieting roller coaster and last week I heard hope from you.

So, enjoy this gift.....because you earned it and it is your birthday soon.  CELEBRATE, my HERO, because I have much GRATITUDE for all that you have done and will do to help me.

         Needless to say, I shed a few tears! One of my goals to my own weight loss journey is to help other people with their weight loss journey. I guess I’m on my way!

Get Moving!
2 workouts – 10 minutes each
·      10 minute AMRAP (as many rounds as possible):
o   With a weight in your hand you will do
§  15 deadlifts
§  12 walking lunges
§  9 squats

·      10 minute AMRAP:
o   40 jump rope
o   30 mountain climbers
o   20 tricep dips
o   10 Hands free push ups

No comments:

Post a Comment