Friday, December 19, 2014

Meet a Member - Melissa T, week #41

Lordy, Lordy…
December 9, 2014

Thoughts for the Week…

Lordy, Lordy I just turned 40!! Not so many years ago, I remember thinking that being 40 was SO old, and here I am…I am 40! But the truth of the matter is, I have NEVER been…
·      as strong as I am now.
·      as confident as I am now.
·      as skinny as I am now.
·      as determined as I am now.
·      as healthy as I am now.
·      as happy as I am now.

I truly feel like a different person. I am down a total of 78 pounds and am less than 5 pounds away from my goal weight. I GOT THIS!

Last week Marty talked about how sometimes as overweight people we tend to overcompensate for who we really are in some way. We feel “less than” others because we are overweight so we over-do trying to be funny or being loud, etc. As Marty was talking to us about this, my immediate thought was “alcohol”. Is that why when I drank I drank in excess? Was I overcompensating my drinking because I felt “less than”? Sure does makes sense. I have never been the type of person who just has one or two drinks and then is done. When I drink, I drink…it’s all out or none at all. I came to the realization that alcohol is not going to help me achieve these weight loss goals I have. Not only is it empty calories, it also shuts down your metabolism and lowers your inhibitions. It oftentimes also leads to “the 4th meal”. So one of my goals on my board at the gym says, “NO Alcohol”. Every time I’m at the gym I see it and am reminded of it constantly. That goal has been up since August 19, nearly 4 months. I feel like I have FINALLY conquered that obstacle and don’t need the constant reminder anymore because since August 15 I haven’t had any drinks. That dry erase marker was really hard to erase after being on there so long, but I felt such a sense of accomplishment scraping away those words! Now I’m on to my new goal…NO Licking the Spoon! More on that next week!

Get Moving!
6 rounds - 4 minutes per round
·      After completion of exercises…rest until 4 minutes is up…then repeat.
·      20 Push-ups
·      16 mountain climbers (both knees up is 1)
·      12 lunges (each lunge is 1)
·      8 Dead lift
·      4 sit-ups

·      2 push press

No comments:

Post a Comment