Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Meet a Member - Melissa T., Week 49


#stilldidn’tGETIT

February 9 and February 17, 2015

 

Thoughts for the Week…

 

Macintosh HD:Users:eturnem486:Desktop:addicted.jpg

 

Now I’m two steps forward, but STILL not at my goal weight. Eight tenths of a pound to go before I’m at my goal weight. I was so bummed two weeks ago that I went to the grocery store on my way home, bought ice cream, got home and totally BINGED. Sometimes those behaviors of food addiction creep back in. I realize that binging is not a way to solve a setback and there are no excuses to justify that behavior. I did get back on track the rest of the week and ended with that being the only frowny face for the week.

 

We’ve started back at the beginning of the Train-Your-Brain course. Even though this will be my 2nd time through the course, I still gain something new each week. It’s also a wonderful reminder of previous things I’ve maybe forgotten about.

 

Marty talked about “The Cliff”. As a food addict trying to change our behaviors, we are living on unstable ground, the very edge of a cliff. Living on unstable ground means taking a bite of something, then hitting the screw-it switch and diving off the cliff for a day, a week, a month or even longer. We need to build our skills and tools up so that if (and when) we give in to temptation we only HALFWAY fall off the cliff and are able to climb back up and regain control. I fell off the cliff last week with my ice cream frowny face night, but I was able to climb right back up to the top.

 

Get Moving!

15 minute AMRAP (as many rounds as possible in 15 minutes)

  • 10 push ups
  • 10 kettlebell swings
  • 10 box jumps

 

 

15 EMOM (every minute on the minute, rest until the new minute starts)

  • 4 Weighted Burpees
  • 10 Tuck Jumps (or standing bicycles-10 each side)

No comments:

Post a Comment