Thursday, May 21, 2015

Meet a member - Melissa T. - Week #56


Happy Cinco de no Drinko

May 5, 2015

 

Thoughts for the Week…

On any other May 5, you probably could have found me with some sort of drink in my hand celebrating Cinco de Mayo. On this year’s May 5, that didn’t happen. I’ve been alcohol free since August 15, 2014 (with the exception of 2 occasions). When I go out with friends and decline getting drinks, it’s almost as if they are more uncomfortable about me not drinking than I am. The first 6-8 weeks was pretty difficult, especially during football season. I didn’t go to any football parties for the first several games just knowing that it would be a trigger for me. I finally realized that if I really want to lose this weight then I have to give up alcohol. Not only was I adding the extra calories of many beers on the weekends, I was also adding the extra calories of all the junk I ate once I was intoxicated. And having 2 really high sad face calorie days in a row is pretty hard to bounce back from. I ended my Cinco de no Drinko having a star calorie day!

          Macintosh HD:Users:eturnem486:Desktop:arriba.jpg

Get Moving!

  • Two Rounds
    • 300 single jumps with jump rope
    • 90 squats
    • 80 sit ups
    • 70 push ups
    • 60 push press
    • 50 dips
    • 40 spider lunges
    • 30 burpees
    • 20 knees to elbows (laying on floor with hands behind your head, crunch and pull knees back towards elbows)
    • 1 minute wall Sit
  • Repeat the exercises starting at the bottom of the list and then go back up the ladder.

No comments:

Post a Comment