Thursday, September 4, 2014

Meet a Member - Melissa T, Week 27


Week 27
August 12, 2014
Thoughts for the Week…
  • School started back up for me and I’m ready to start a new year! Although summer break was only 2 months, it’s difficult to remember how I fit everything in from school to kids’ homework to cooking dinner to working out. Sunday planning and prepping for meals during the week resumes!
  • Being very busy with work this week meant only 2 workouts. However…I had a 7 star week! It’s been a while since I’ve had a week of ALL stars…it felt awesome! What felt even more awesome is that I lost another 3.6 pounds, for a grand total so far of 55.4 pounds. My mom said to me the other day, “I don’t remember the last time you were this skinny.” Gee thanks mom! But truthfully, neither do I.
 
WOD (Workout of the Day)
  • Stay tuned…school workouts will resume next week.
 
Ponder this…
:count calories.png
  • That’s my secret…counting calories. I keep my food journal in my purse and I have it with me all the time. There hasn’t been a day since February 8 that I haven’t wrote down my food for the day. I’m on my 3rd food journal. Some people are able to use the online apps, but for me that doesn’t work. It’s quicker for me to write it down. Then I’m able to go back easily to other days or weeks if I want. Even though I know what my daily calorie range to lose weight is, I always write that at the top of each day. It just serves as another reminder to where I need to be at the end of the day.
  • Some people ask, “Do you have cheat days?” To that my answer is, “No.” There are times where my calories for the day end up to be a sad face, but those are usually the nights where I’ve chosen to drink alcohol. I still write down what and how many drinks I consumed. Do I call it a cheat day? No, it’s my drunken pig face day. I may have 4 a month, if that. If I eat (and drink) like crap, I feel like crap. Those choices are not helping me to get to where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment