Thursday, September 11, 2014

Meet a Member - Melissa T, Week 30


Week 30

September 2, 2014

 

Thoughts for the Week…

  • Week 1 pic and Week 30 pic…What do you think?


          :week 30 pic.jpg

 

  • One week shy of 7 months and here’s what I’ve lost so far:
    • 7.9% body fat
    • 10 points off of my BMI
    • 8 inches off my waist
    • 7 inches off my chest
    • 3.5 inches off my upper arm
    • 5.75 inches off my thigh
    • 62 pounds
       
  • It’s almost unbelievable to think that this transformation has happened this fast. I know for a fact that I could not have accomplished this without the support of so many people. My mom has been my biggest cheerleader. She anticipates my phone call every Tuesday night around 8 to hear what happened at the weigh in. Thanks mom! My support system at Square One is phenomenal! One will never know how different this gym is unless experienced first hand. Judgment and hiding in a corner free. It’s full of encouragement with the same goal in mind…becoming healthier. Marty Wolf, you have created a truly amazing place!
     
  • I keep reminding myself that I set a fitness goal back in June to run a 5k in 30 minutes or less by the end of October. The closer the end of October gets, I think to myself, “WHAT WAS I THINKING?” I did complete another 5k at the end of August, but it wasn’t for time. It was for fun. I never thought those words would come out of my mind…completing a 5k “for fun”! It was the Color Foam Run here in Omaha. I did it with some friends from the gym and it was fun! I don’t think I could do a 5k for time with that many people participating. For the first several minutes you’re surrounded by people and must go at the pace of everyone in front and beside you. I need to be able to accomplish this goal without people getting in my way! So, October 22 the gym is ending a seasonal competition with a 5k for the participants. I’m not participating in the competition but I can participate in the 5k for a small price. And there won’t be a hoard of people to get in my way!

 

WOD (Workout of the Day)

  • Yeah! They’re back! Here’s one to get you started:

 

  • 3 Rounds:
    • Run a 400
    • 50 air squats
    • 40 Push ups
    • 30 Lunges
    • 20 push press
    • 10 burpees

 

Ponder this…

:images-9.jpg

  • Walking into the staff lounge on the first day of school one I see 2 HUGE containers of monster cookies to be shared with staff members, complements of the art teacher. I didn’t take one. I see them again at lunch, yet I still did not take one. After school my co-teacher was eating hers and I commented on how delicious it looked. She told me she was proud of me for not taking one. I said thank you to her but also explained that although I may look like it really doesn’t bother me to not take a cookie, the struggle that goes on in my mind is really mentally exhausting. “Just take one, you deserve it.” “It’s the first day of school, celebrate!” “You worked out last night and lost weight this week, just one cookie won’t hurt.” Being self-disciplined really is being able to do what I know I should and stop doing what I know I shouldn’t. I have to keep reminding myself that a _____ (cookie, piece of cake, 10 beers, whatever…) is not going to help me get to where I want to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment