Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Meet a Member - Melissa T, Week 38


Week 38

October 28, 2014

 

Thoughts for the Week…

  • No weigh in this week because of conferences.
     
  • I spent the weekend back in McCook, NE visiting my grandma. She will be 94 next week and still lives on her own. She is a pretty amazing lady! The last time I visited was in June. At that point I had lost about 40 pounds. I’m now at 70 pounds and I chopped my hair off. After we got to my grandma’s house I was sitting at her table and she was on the couch. I looked over at her and she said, “I just can’t stop staring at you! You look so different!”

 

  • My grandma no longer drives so when we come to town this is her opportunity to go to her favorite restaurants! That’s great for gram…not so great for this chic! On her list of favorites are Arby’s, Wendy’s, Runza, Pizza Hut and KFC. We hit 3 of those 5 in a 2-day span! I was very mindful about what I ordered, opting for salads instead of a sandwich and fries. I left gram’s feeling good about myself!

 

  • The first 5k I ever “ran” was back in June and I completed it in 34:59. My goal at that time was to be under 40 minutes. I blew that goal out of the park! So I set another goal…to complete a 5k in 30 minutes or less by the end of October. Well it’s the end of October and guess what? I didn’t do it. Last Wednesday I completed my second 5k, but unfortunately it wasn’t in 30 minutes or less. My final time was 31:24. I’m okay with that…maybe I’ll train for the next one instead of just winging it; that is if there is a next one!
     

WOD (Workout of the Day)

  • 12 minutes - AMRAP
    • 12 – Kettle Bell Swings
    • 12 – Lunges holding the kettle bell
    • 12 - Lateral Lunge and Bicep Curl

 

  • Abs…1 minute of each then repeat a 2nd time
    • Wipers
    • Russian Twists
    • Plank
    • Leg Lifts

 

Ponder this…

Macintosh HD:Users:eturnem486:Desktop:S1 Blogs:do not blame.jpg

  • Here’s the quote I should’ve had a couple weeks ago for the Daily Devotion that I shared about complaining. Complaining is wasted energy, get out there and make the change you want to see happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment