Thursday, February 5, 2015

Meet a Member - Melissa T., Week 47


#GETIT

January 20, 2015

 

Thoughts for the Week…

 

Macintosh HD:Users:eturnem486:Desktop:S1 Blogs:train easy eat right is hard.jpg

 

I finally had a good number…down 2.8 pounds, which puts me at 1.6 away from my goal weight. I mind felt a little less foggy and “blah” this past week. I felt like I was ready to be back in the game. Funny what stress can do to a body.

 

I’ve started my own little accountability group at work with some ladies that really want to shed some pounds. Even though a different teacher leads a workout two days a week, that is something that these ladies are not comfortable with at this point. They don’t join us in the workouts because they don’t feel they can do the exercises or don’t want to be judged by the more fit people, so we do our own little workout in my classroom where nobody can walk by and see who is in there and what we are doing. I have also shared with them how I food journal and how I believe that is one of the most important things to do to lose weight and really be accountable for what goes in your mouth. A saying I heard the other day was “You Can’t Out-Train a Bad Diet”. Boy, is that ever correct! No matter how often you work out, if you’re not eating properly, you’re not going to lose weight. I also share with them something I’ve learned from Marty in Train Your Brain that has helped me become more mindful in eating and being able to recognize and call myself out on actions I used to do unconsciously. What I’ve accomplished and how I’ve done it over the last year is certainly not rocket science, and if I’m able to help someone else out who is struggling, that makes me even happier!

 

My goal on my board for this next week says #GETIT. One pound six ounces to go until my goal weight…it’s a lofty goal to achieve in one week, but I’m sure going to try my best to #GETIT!

 

Get Moving!

  • 20 minute AMRAP (as many rounds as possible)
    • 5 burpees
    • 10 push ups
    • 15 sit ups
    • 20 squats
  • 20 minute AMRAP (as many rounds as possible)
    • 20 jumping jacks
    • 10 Russian Twists
    • 10 alternating lunges
    • 10 Plank pull-through (both arms = 1)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment