Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Meet a Member - Melissa T, Week 22


Week 22

July 8, 2014

Thoughts for the Week…

:week 22 pic.jpg

 

  • As requested, an updated “During” pic. So here’s my first week pic compared to my week 22 pic…exactly 5 months apart. What do you think?
     
  • Weighing in on Tuesday nights can sometimes be nerve racking because I always wonder if my sad faces will set me back a little. I ended up with 4 stars, a smiley face and 2 sad faces. Overall, I had more good days than bad, which in turn gave me a 4-pound loss! That’s the most I’ve lost in a week in a LONG time! I keep waiting for that day when I’ve gained. So far in exactly 5 months I’ve lost every single week.

 

  • I signed up with Square One for another year! I’m so excited to have been able to do this. I want to give a shout out to a few people who not only have been there for moral support, but also have given a little (completely unexpected) monetary support: my mom, Kevin Banzhaf, Virgil Banzhaf, Sherri Braaten Bonnett, Kathy Benson and Becky Trosper. I can’t thank you all enough!

 

  • I also want to thank everyone that reads my blog. Your supportive comments truly are appreciated! They make my heart smile!

 

WOD (Workout of the Day)

:keep-calm-i-ll-be-back-end-of-summer.png

  • School workouts will resume once school is back in session…which is only 4 weeks away. Summer goes way too fast!
     
     

Ponder this…

:today-i-will-not-stand-in-my-own-way-self-sabotage-failure-give-up-determination-eat-clean-reach-goals-he-and-she.jpg

  • In Train Your Brain this week, Marty discussed emotional eating. As emotional eaters, when we feel, we eat. You’re bored…you eat. You’re annoyed…you eat. You’re overwhelmed…you eat. You get home from work to relax…you eat. Food can be a distracter and give us a boost of pleasure. However, emotional eating compounds our problems of overeating. How do we solve the emotional eating problem? First of all label your feeling. “I’m annoyed, NOT hungry”. “I’m bored, NOT hungry”. Secondly, remember that it is NOT okay to stray from your plan. It may also help to visualize yourself emotionally eating and then think about how long that pleasure will really last. Lastly, remind yourself of why you are on a plan. So today (and everyday), don’t let yourself stand in your own way of your goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment