Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Meet a Member - Melissa T, Week 23


Week 23
July 15, 2014
Thoughts for the Week…
  • I had a stellar week…6 star days, one smiley face and 5 workouts. All that and I GAINED weight! What? I am up 0.4 pounds. I know it’s not because I should’ve done something different or not because I ate ____ when I know I shouldn’t have. I legitimately had a stellar week…that being said, I just have to accept it and move on.
 WOD (Workout of the Day)
:keep-calm-i-ll-be-back-end-of-summer.png
  • School workouts will resume once school is back in session…which is only 3 weeks away. Summer goes way too fast! 
Ponder this…
:keep-calm-and-oh-well-9.png
  • In Train Your Brain this week, Marty continued the discussion on how our negative emotions can get a hold of us and we jump ship. In the beginning our motivation and confidence are high and we are ready to tackle this. But then it becomes REAL WORK and we have to put in a lot of effort to stick to our plans. This is most often when those sneaky sabotaging thoughts of doubt and self-pity start to take over and we jump ship. To keep this from happening we must break free from our old patterns of thinking. At some point it IS going to be hard; we need to build our skills and tools up to change that old thinking. One skill to practice to help change old thinking patterns is “Never Give Up”! We can’t give up like we always have in the past. We must work through the tough parts. Another skill is to adopt a mantra. A word or phrase that you can repeat that expresses your own basic beliefs. “I can do what I need to do”. “This is where my energy needs to be”. “Everything worthwhile in life takes effort and sacrifice”. Create a mantra that fits you. One last skill to practice is “Oh Well”. If something goes wrong just accept it and move on. Gaining weight this week…oh well. I know I did what I should have during that previous week. I gained…Oh Well!

No comments:

Post a Comment