Monday, July 7, 2014

Meet a Member - Melissa T. Week 21


Week 21

July 1, 2014

Thoughts for the Week…

  • It’s been 2 weeks since I’ve weighed in. I’m down another 1.4 pounds for a grand total so far of 47 pounds!
  • It’s been a pretty “blah” week. Not a whole lot going on…maybe that’s a good thing. 
  • In Train Your Brain Marty used the analogy of how overeating is like speeding. Both are easy to justify breaking the rule. Both decrease our gas mileage. Overeating isn’t the fuel our bodies need. It becomes habit the more we do it. So…if we know both is bad, WHY DO WE CONTINUE TO LET IT HAPPEN? One tool to help not overeat is to remind yourself there is NO CHOICE! It is NOT okay to eat unplanned food. Every time I give in to temptation, I move away from the person I want to be.



WOD (Workout of the Day)
  • School workouts will resume once school is back in session!
Ponder this…

:20131229-100346.jpg

  • The discussion of my long-term goal came up again at my Accountability meeting this week. I’ve picked a weight goal. I think for myself that I am going to need to have a firm number instead of “a size ___ pants” goal. My weight can fluctuate a lot in a certain size, but a number on the scale is a number on the scale. So…I have about 36 pounds to go. My fitness goal…to do a 5k by the end of October in 30 minutes or less. I better keep my WARRIOR attitude up! I’VE GOT THIS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment