Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Meet a Member - Melissa T, Week 24


Week 24

July 21, 2014

Thoughts for the Week…

In Train Your Brain this week, Marty discussed the third monster emotion that can cause disaster in weight loss. The “S” word…STRESS! Stress has an upper limit that is unique to each person; therefore we each deal differently with it. For many of us, stress is a feeling that often leads to food. It’s one of those negative emotions that we try to avoid by giving ourselves a little bit of pleasure through food. However, when we allow ourselves to do that, it creates a whole other spiral of negative emotions that follow. Life is stressful and we will all be stressed at some point, so we must prepare for those situations. So the next time you feel “stressed”, ask yourself what is it really that you are feeling. Are you overwhelmed? Are you discouraged? Negative emotions are nature’s way of letting us know that there’s a problem to fix. When we become better problem solvers, our negative emotions will diminish…including stress! #bigsighofrelief 


WOD (Workout of the Day)

:keep-calm-i-ll-be-back-end-of-summer.png

  • School workouts will resume once school is back in session…which is only 2 weeks away. Summer goes way too fast!
  • Ponder this…

:I-got-this-green-screen.jpg

Last week I talked about adopting a mantra. A word or phrase that you can repeat to yourself that expresses your basic beliefs. One of my favorite sayings that I heard Marty say one of the first times I worked out at the gym is, “You can’t relax your rules.” This past week I relaxed my healthy eating rules too much and ended the week with another gain. Two point two pounds up. I wasn’t happy about it, but I’m owning the fact that I allowed myself to relax my rules and that I just CAN’T do that and still see the results I’ve had for the past 5 months. Now I’m moving on…I’ve got the tools to get back to having a 5 star (or more) week. One tool to help me is using that mantra…I cannot relax my rules…I’ve got this!


No comments:

Post a Comment