Friday, May 23, 2014

Meet a Member - Mel T, Week 15

Week 15
May 20, 2014
Thoughts for the Week…
·        Down 2.4 pounds for a grand total so far of 42.8 pounds.

·        It was a pretty uneventful week. On the up side, my emotions are back to normal and I feel like that happy-go-lucky person I usually am. Wasn’t there a full moon last weekend? I often think change in weather and/or a full moon makes the “crazies” come out. I definitely was one of them!

·         In Train Your Brain, Marty talked to us about impulsivity. Impulsivity is not giving any thought before making a decision. The nemesis of impulsivity? PLANNING! When we plan we eliminate the “thinking” associated with food and are less vulnerable to our impulses. One thing that has helped me take out all of the “thinking” associated with food is eating the same thing for breakfast and lunch every day. By doing this, I always know how many calories I still have for dinner, which is always quite a few. If something does come up at night (an unplanned drink, or an unplanned restaurant dinner) I know that I can partake in it and still not be over my daily calories.

WOD (Workout of the Day)
·        No after school workouts this past week. Our workout leader must already think it is summer vacation!


Ponder this…


·        The main reason for my successful weight loss so far is my “laser-like focus”. There have been very few days where I have had sad faces for my calorie intake. I am a WARRIOR!

No comments:

Post a Comment