Friday, May 9, 2014

Meet a Member: Melissa T., Week 13


Thoughts for the Week…

  • I didn’t weigh in last week because of my daughter’s music concert so it’s been 2 weeks since my last official weigh in. Even though within the past 14 days I had 6 star minuses, 5 stars, 1 smiley face, 1 sad face and 9 workouts, I just wasn’t “feeling it”. Two weeks between weighing in is just too long. However… I was down another 2.8 for a grand total of 35.2 pounds in just 3 months!
     
  • Our accountability leader asked why I have star minuses. A star minus is when I don’t get to my calorie range to lose weight. I typically am around a hundred calories (or less) short of meeting the bottom number of my star range. I tend to have many calories left at the end of the day when it’s dinnertime, but get filled up quickly. Then I forget to eat something before I go to bed, thus resulting in a star minus. My strategy to help this issue is to consume more calories at breakfast, so I don’t have quite so many to eat at the end of the day.

 

  • Train Your Brain is back to the beginning of its cycle. Today was an introduction of what is going to happen over the next several weeks. Marty has given each of us a little note card sized box. This is our “Toolbox”. We must fill our toolboxes with tools that help shape our thinking.

 

WOD (Workout of the Day)

  • I work out with a group of teachers on Wednesdays and Fridays after school. Below is one of the workouts that we did:
     
    • 50 Double Unders (or 150 single jumps)
    • 50 Burpees
    • 50 Wall Ball Shots
    • 50 Back Extensions
    • 50 Push Press
    • 50 Knees to Elbows
    • 50 Steps of Walking Lunge
    • 50 Kettlebell Swings
    • 50 Deadlifts
    • 50 Box Jumps

 

  • This work out was tough, however it didn’t take me nearly as long as I anticipated. And once it was over, boy I felt great!
     
     

Ponder this…



  • Marty starts every Train Your Brain session off with us sharing our positives. To be successful in weight loss (or anything for that matter) one thing we MUST keep in our toolbox and refer to often is positive thinking. When we are faced with temptations we forget the positives. Fight back with POSITIVE THINKING!

No comments:

Post a Comment