Friday, May 16, 2014

Meet a Member - Melissa T, Week 14

Week 14
May 13, 2014
Thoughts for the Week…
·        Another 5.2 pounds down for a grand total so far of 40.4 pounds. Unbelievable! Since I’d been having so many star minuses the past few weeks, my strategy for this last week was to up my caloric intake for breakfast. In doing this I’ve been able to consume the recommended number of calories for losing weight, instead of being under the recommended number of calories. Not eating enough can be just as bad on our bodies as eating too much.

·        My goal every day is to be positive and upbeat. Even if something has me down, I try not to let it show because someone somewhere is always fighting a bigger battle than I am. But the last few days, my emotions have beat out the positive. Saturday in Train Your Brain we discussed how having confidence gives us control. One girl shared how even though she is losing weight, feeling better and looking better, she is still afraid to share with her Facebook friends her successes. She doesn’t want anyone to know because if she does fail at this, she will be the only one to know. Me, on the other hand, have told the whole world! So if I fail at this, EVERYONE will know and I don’t want people to be disappointed in me. I have lost 40.4 pounds because I am afraid of disappointing my supporters. I have lost weight EVERY single week since February 8 because I am afraid of disappointing my supporters. I know there will be a time when I step on the scale and I won’t have lost anything, or I will have gained weight. Am I going to have the support then like I do now? I don’t know…I would like to think so, but that seed of doubt has me believing otherwise.

·        Before I joined Square One I hadn’t even heard of the “Seed of Doubt”. We all have a seed of doubt inside of us; it’s just that some of our seeds are bigger than others. Sometimes the seed of doubt says, “I’m just meant to be big”, “I’m weak”, “It’s hopeless”, or “I’m never going to be able to do this”. When we decide to do something about this negative feeling we have but it fails, our seed gets bigger. We try again…fail…and the seed gets bigger. Sometimes we look for the negatives, which makes us shape our negative view even more. The seed of doubt grows so big that we end up believing those thoughts of, “I’m weak”, “It’s hopeless”, etc as absolute truths. I’ve realized that not only is my seed of doubt in healthy eating, dieting or losing weight, my seed of doubt is also in being a “good wife”. What is a “good wife”? One that keeps the house clean, keeps the laundry washed (not to mention dried and put away), cooks wonderful meals, and on and on and on. I’ve had so many failures in not meeting the expectations of my husband that my seed of doubt has shaped my thoughts and beliefs into me believing that I am a terrible wife. Seed of Doubt...how I effing hate you!

WOD (Workout of the Day)
·        I work out with a group of teachers on Wednesdays and Fridays after school. Below is one of the workouts that we did:

o   2 rounds
§  Burpee broad jumps 25m out and back
§  20 windmills per side with kettle bell
§  Walking lunge 25m out and back
§  50 Box jumps
§  4x Sprint (25m out and back)
§  40 Double-unders (120 singles)
§  Bear crawl 25m out and back
§  20 Knees to elbows

·        This work out was one of the toughest ones so far!


Ponder this…


·        Wow! I wholeheartedly wish this quote were true for me; it’s not, however, I can truthfully say that resisting temptations is much easier than it was 4 months ago. As Marty says, “Don’t sacrifice the goal for the sake of the pleasure.”

No comments:

Post a Comment