Thursday, June 5, 2014

Meet a Member - Melissa T, Week 17

Week 17
June 3, 2014
Thoughts for the Week…
·        No weigh in for this week because I’m on VaCaTiOn! My girls and I went with my mom to Texas for my niece and nephew’s high school graduation.

·        I ended this past week with 5 stars, 1 smiley face and 1 sad face, along with 5 workouts.

·        I am finally back into the “skinny clothes” I was in 3 years ago, so I haven’t had to purchase any new clothes. I’m still thinking about my ultimate goal. After talking to the Accountability leader at last week’s weigh in, I thought to myself, “Maybe I DO want to complete a 5K and actually JOG the whole thing instead of walk it. Maybe that will give me a sense of accomplishment.” So I signed up for the 5K run in Cambridge for Medicine Creek Days. After doing the first 400 in the workout below, I thought to myself, “What the heck was I thinking…I can barely make it through a 400 meter run (jog), how am I going to complete a 5K without walking?” It’ll be tough, but I’ll do it!

WOD (Workout of the Day)
·        I haven’t received any new workouts since our summer break began so I’m reposting one of the previous ones. I did this one at home by myself the other day. What I like most about this one is that it requires NO equipment. You do need a TABATA timer though. I downloaded one through the Play Store and it works well. This workout is a tough one, but a good one!

o   TABATA – 8 rounds
§  Burpees
§  Pushups
§  Situps
§  Jump Squats
o   Immediately after 8 rounds of each exercise, run a 400, rest 2 minutes and then repeat run/rest 3 more times.


Ponder this…


·        In Train Your Brain Marty talked about “The Love Affair” many of us have with food. We need to make food a friend, not a lover.  How can food be a lover? Since many people have such an emotional connection with food, they find pleasure in food. We need to make mindful choices and be sure that the food we eat is “What’s right” instead of “OMG, I LOVE their ________!”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment