Monday, March 3, 2014

Meet a Member - Melissa T, Week 3

Week 3
February 25, 2014

Successes
·        2 more pounds down for a grand total of 10.8 pounds so far!
·        I can wear my work pants that are size smaller than when I started this journey!

Difficulties
·        As I see the scale’s numbers going down (albeit just a little so far) I sometimes think to myself, “I’m losing weight…of course I can have a bowl of ice cream or some Girl Scout cookies.” WHAT?? That’s part of what got me here to begin with.
·        In Train Your Brain this week we talked about unfairness of dieting. Thinking that even though I have lost some weight, but still can’t have ice cream is UNFAIR. Marty’s solution to that is that we need to “Remember our Advantages”. There are so many more advantages to eating healthy than not. To remember this great advice, I’m going to place a sticky note with that saying in a few “special” places (inside the freezer door, inside the refrigerator door and inside the cupboard door). That will be a good reminder every time I go to one of those places and open it looking for something to eat.

Wednesday Workout
·        I work out with a group of teachers after school on Wednesdays and Fridays. I want to share this with those of you who work out on your own for something different that you may not have done before.
·        Here’s one of the workouts we did this week:

·        5 rounds
o   10 push-ups
o   25 tuck jumps
o   10 pull ups
o   25 air squats
o   30 second jump rope
o   60 second plank
o   20 box jumps
o   50 meter sprint

Ponder this…


·        That quote is what Square One truly is. I can’t get over how different this place is than any other gym I’ve been at before. On a daily basis, we cheer each other on, clap for each other’s successes, and support one another not only in the workouts but in reaching goals too. I love this place!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Want to know more about Square One? Check us out at www.square1club.com or give us a call at 402-333-0706. You can also find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/square1club .

Want to know more about Melissa? Follow along with her weekly blog posts here at the Square One blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment