Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Meet a Member - Melissa T, Week 5

Week 5
March 11, 2014

Before and During pics…

     

Thoughts for the Week…
·        3.8 more pounds down for a grand total of 16.6 pounds so far!

·        In Train Your Brain this week we talked about eating out for social occasions and how our plans go downhill fast when confronted with eating socially. The solution is that we must be doubly planned. We must go in with a strategy…that strategy being one that will better myself. I need to remember that it is not okay to abandon my plan for special occasions. My body doesn’t know it’s a special occasion, it’s my mind that does and it’s my mind that makes exceptions. It’s sometimes difficult to not listen to my mind in those instances. I just need to remember, “This (cake, beer, etc) is NOT going to get me where I want to be.”
 
·        We also talked about drinking alcohol and how we tend to eat less to make up for the calories we drink, but in all actuality, it backfires. This I know is true! I had several beers on Saturday and thought that since I’m drinking these calories I’ll take it easy for lunch and dinner. Well, once I got home I decided that I was really hungry so I proceeded to eat my dinner leftovers with added sour cream, and top it off with some cookie dough. The next day my body was NOT happy! I need to remember that alcohol is poison and my body doesn’t need it to be healthy.

Wednesday Workout
·        We didn’t work out at school this week because it was Spring Break, but here’s a workout that was sent to us to do. I’ll be honest, when I saw burpees I immediately didn’t like it. Then when I saw I had to do 5 rounds of burpees, I REALLY didn’t like it. Needless to say, this one I didn’t do, but if you’d like to, knock yourself out! Here it is:

o   5 rounds
§  30 kettle bell swings (option is air squats)
§  30 burpees
§  30 v-crunch sit ups (option is regular sit ups)

Ponder this…




·        What a great quote to help us remember exactly what Marty discussed about social occasions. My body doesn’t know it’s a special occasion…it wants to be healthy. It’s my mind I need to not listen to when it is trying to make exceptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment