Monday, March 10, 2014

Meet a Member - Melissa T, Week 4

I am a WARRIOR!!
March 4, 2014

Thoughts for the Week…
·        2 more pounds down for a grand total of 12.8 pounds so far! Next week I’ll put up a before and now picture (per my brother’s request!!).
·        Several people this week have mentioned that they can see a difference in the way my clothes are fitting. Those comments make what I’m doing worth the effort I’m putting in to achieve my goal!
·        In Train Your Brain this week we talked about food pushers. Those people that push food on you even though they don’t realize what they are doing (most of the time). For example, a coworker brings a container of cookies for everyone. You want to take one, but know inside you really shouldn’t. You don’t want to hurt the other person’s feelings by not taking one, so against healthy eating practices take one anyway. We have to remember that it’s okay to disappoint others. Nobody else is going to advocate our own needs, so we have to do it OURSELVES!
·        Marty talked about being a warrior. Webster’s defines warrior as “a person who shows or has shown great vigor, courage, or aggressiveness”. I need to remember, “I am strong…in mind, in body and in soul. I can do this! I am a WARRIOR!”

Wednesday Workout
·        I work out with a group of teachers after school on Wednesdays and Fridays. I want to share this with those of you who work out on your own for something different that you may not have done before.
·        Here’s one of the workouts we did this week:

·        5 rounds
o   15 dead lifts
o   15 wall balls
o   30 sec plank
o   20 lunges
o   20 tricep dips
o   30 sec plank

Ponder this…


·        I think this quote relates to what Marty talked about communicating our desires. I must have firmer boundaries for the food I eat. Eating things in moderation hasn’t worked for me, so for someone to say to me, “Just this once” I have to be prepared in my response. I have to remember that it’s okay to say NO! I am a WARRIOR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment