Thursday, April 17, 2014

Meet a Member: Melissa T., Week 10

Week 10
April 15, 2014

Thoughts for the Week…
·        No pic this week…I couldn't get my daughter to take one that I liked. Next week…promise!

·        This week I am down 2 more pounds for a grand total of 29.4 pounds so far!
 
·        Last Saturday my husband and I went out for a surprise 50th birthday party. I had a few alcoholic beverages, but then switched to water. I did not eat any of the food that was provided or any cake. I was very proud of myself on how mindful I was!

·        I started getting a cold last Friday and I can certainly tell my body isn’t quite up to par because I don’t feel as strong or that I can exert that extra oomph when working out. One excuse many people use to not working out is they don’t feel well. That thought actually crossed my mind last night before I left my house. I ignored it and went and did the workout anyway. It made me feel better in the long run!

Wednesday Workout
·        I work out with a group of teachers on Wednesdays and Fridays after school. Below is the workout that we did tonight…it was tough!

·        20 minute AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible)
o   15 kettle bell swings
o   15 push ups
o   15 sit ups
o   15 spider walks or goblet squats

Ponder this…


·        Being mindful of everyday food choices and journaling have been the two things that have worked so well for me so far in this journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment