Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Meet a Member: Melissa T., Week 12

Week 12
April 29, 2014
Thoughts for the Week…
·        No weigh in for me this week. L My daughter participated in the All School Music Program, so I attended that instead.

·        Train Your Brain this week was very different than usual in that there were only about 6 of us with Marty. We sat in a circle and it just felt “cozy”. Marty posed the question, “If you could live in a world with NO failure, what would life be like?” I didn’t know how to answer that question. I think for some people it’s difficult to see ourselves with no failure in our world because it’s never happened before.

·        Marty also discussed dreaming and visualizing our dream. What is my ultimate dream for my weight loss journey? I need to figure that out because if I don’t know the direction I’m going, I can’t get there. What am I looking for? People tend to not have that ultimate dream and don’t end up accomplishing that dream because they didn’t know what it was to begin with! They get “lost” along the way due to not knowing what direction they need to be going. I don’t want to get lost on my journey.

WOD (Workout of the Day)
·        I work out with a group of teachers on Wednesdays and Fridays after school. Below is one of the workouts that we did:

·        TABATA (8 rounds of 20 sec work/10 sec rest)
o   Burpees
o   Sit-ups
o   Push-ups
o   Squat jumps

·        Go immediately to 4-400 meter runs
o   After each 400-meter run, rest for 2 minutes.

Ponder this…


·        Marty asked, “Would you rather be at an ideal weight and still deal with the mental food issues we you have or would you rather not have the mental food struggle and be okay with being overweight?” I hear a lot of people say, “It’s hard to lose weight”. True. But it’s also hard to stay fat and it’s hard to maintain weight. What’s your hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment