Friday, April 11, 2014

Meet a Member: Melissa T., Week 9

Week 9
April 8, 2014

Thoughts for the Week…
·        This week I am 2.6 more pounds down for a grand total of 27.4 pounds so far! It’s so crazy to think that it’s only been 2 months ago today that I started this amazing journey at Square One. When I texted one of my girlfriends my loss for the week she replied back, “Wow! It’s crazy to think you have lost the amount of weight of my daughter…she is 29 pounds.” That is wacky…I’ve lost a whole toddler off of my body! Next week…new “during” pic!
 
·        I took Marty’s advice and ate a tablespoon of peanut butter at night if I hadn’t made it to my minimum number of calories for the day. I was a little nervous that in doing that I wouldn’t lose as much weight, but it seemed to work out just fine! It seemed like I had to eat A LOT of peanut butter during the week. This week I’m trying to incorporate an after school snack so I don’t have to eat so much PB.

·        I went to the Tuesday Train your Brain class this week instead of my usual Saturday morning class. Usually what is discussed on Tuesday is repeated for the following Saturday class. That didn’t happen this week, so I listened to the de-stressing segment again. Maybe there was a higher power behind that thought I needed to hear that one twice!

Wednesday Workout
·        I work out with a group of teachers on Wednesdays and Fridays after school. Below is the workout that we did tonight…it was tough!

·        Round 1
o   Run 800
o   100 yd walking lunge
o   40 mountain climbers (each leg counts as one climber)
o   40 sit-ups

·        Round 2
o   Run 400
o   75 yd walking lunge
o   30 climbers
o   30 sit-ups

·        Round 3
o   Run 200
o   50 yd walking lunge
o   20 PUSH UPS
o   20 sit-ups

·        Round 4
o   Run 100
o   25 yd walking lunges
o   10 PUSH UPS
o   10 sit-ups

Ponder this…



·        One of the ways to de-stress that Marty talked about was to relax our expectations we have for others. We can only change our own thinking and behaviors, not anyone else’s. The woman in this picture clearly needs to come sit in on the “How to De-Stress” segment of Train your Brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment